Who doesn’t adore or simple love the name MS Dhoni?
For more than a decade, he has made everyone fall for him with his brilliant skills as captain, wicketkeeper, batsman and even as a magnanimous human-being.
The Dhoni Touch by Bharat Sundaresan is an amazing book unravelling the enigma that is Mahendra Singh Dhoni. I have tried to bring the 10 most valuable lines from the book which I felt important while reading it. I would suggest to read the entire book to know what lies behind Captain Cool’s calm and unflappable façade.
- Woh iss cheez mein manta hai ki sabko saath leke aage chalna hai. (He believes in taking everyone forward.)
- If he decided that he had to do something, woh karna hi hai (he would definitely do it).
- He realized that the more tense you are, the more nervous you get and your performance gets affected.
- Mahi’s nature is that he doesn’t do bad things to anybody. Even if someone wrongs him in any way, the worst Mahi will do is stop talking to them.
- He was a kid who ‘never indulged in gossip’. (By Mahi’s teacher)
- Mahal mein rehna bhi pata hai, aur chote se kamre mein bhi. Jab nahi tha, waise hi tha. Jab bahut hai, waisa hi hai. (He knows how to live in a palace and also in a small room. When he didn’t have anything, he was like that. Now when he has a lot, he’s still like that.)
- He feels it’s about leadership and not showmanship.
- It’s just a case of him ‘not bothering about anything that doesn’t affect him’.
- ‘ Whenever he comes home for food, he doesn’t bring his phone along.’ reveals one of his friend.
- “Teri hasi gayee nahi hai. (Your smile has not vanished.)” said his friend. Mahi replied, “Dil saaf hai, hasne mein problem kya hai? (The heart is clean, so why can’t I smile?).
Each and every sentence has a deeper meaning. I hope you liked this blog. If you wish to buy this book, I have added the link below.