Who could have ever imagined that a kid half-Submersed in Chennai rains just to watch a concert would end up having his own concerts?
That kid who always wondered when he was younger that when is an Indian actually going to win an Oscar? He really wanted that. He never thought he would be one of the persons to win it for his country. And yet after winning it, AR Rahman selflessly and proudly said “ Ella Pugallum Iraivanukke (All praise goes to God).
Notes of a Dream, The Authorized Biography of A.R. Rahman by Krishna Trilok is an amazing book which unravels the journey of this Oscar Winning Musician who wins the hearts of millions by his soulful music. I have tried to list down 15 Most Motivating sentences from this book.
- There’s one thing you have to remember about Rahman- he’s a doer. A lot of us talk about our plans, but he actually acts. He’ll tell you he wants to do something and, a few months later, he’s actually done it.
- AR- “You’re not going to be able to take anything you have with you when you go, finally. Everything you’ve got now, you might as well use it and do what you want, while you can.”
- You can get lucky once. After that, it’s about having the right mindset and keeping the lifestyle to sustain it. – AR
- AR- “When you point a finger at someone, you have three fingers pointing back at you and one finger pointing at God.” (AR isn’t the sort of man who spends much time thinking about the past, and when he has to talk about the past, he only focuses on the positive things.)
- AR- “Even if I have nothing, I have my mother. ‘And my mother is here.’ (In his Oscar acceptance speech.)
- AR- “It’s all about survival. I’ve been doing many things at the same time right from when I was a boy. Some of the things I didn’t want to do. Some things I couldn’t do. Some things I had to give up. But I know what it’s like to have to do a lot of things at once. You learn to do it all if you want to stay alive.”
- AR- “You have to do the best you can in everything you do. You can’t become careless at one point and think it doesn’t matter if you do half-hearted work or that no one will catch you for it. They may not, but that’s not the point, you know you didn’t do your best there. And that carelessness will seep into everything you do if you aren’t mindful of it.”
- AR- “I understood that instead of complaining about how bad things are, it’s better to think, “I can make a change, make a difference. I can do this. I can do that.”
- In AR’s words, it is about ‘embracing the differences’ and ‘celebrating similarities.
- AR- “Let’s hear what someone has to say. It’s good to have some criticism. If someone tells us why they don’t like what we are doing, it can help us get better.”
- If he doesn’t like something, he won’t complain,’ says his personal assistant, Ashik Mohammed.
- AR- “Be passionate, but never immerse yourself in something to the point where you’re no longer objective.”
- All my life, I had a choice of hate and love. I chose love. And I’m here. God bless. (After winning the Oscar)
- AR- “Some of us understand our beliefs theoretically, but we don’t actually put them into practice.”
- AR- “That’s the thing. Sometimes we have a boon, but we look at it as a curse. That’s our biggest problem, sometimes.”
I believe these lines will highly motivate you as much as it did to me. I know now, you wish to read the book, so I have attached the link for the book below. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog.